450 Sutter COVID-19 Tenant Re-Occupancy Plan
Date: June 1, 2020
To: All 450 Sutter Tenants
From: Colleen Oczkowski, Senior Property Manager
Subject: Tenant Re-Occupancy Plan
I hope that you have all been keeping well and safe during this unprecedented and challenging time. As you know, 450 Sutter has remained open to accommodate essential workers. I look forward to welcoming you all back when you are ready to return. Your safety is our top priority.
We are in the process of putting the following measures in place. We are aware that there will be differing opinions on the social distancing guidelines for Covid-19. Please be considerate of those who may be at a higher risk and may have more concerns and give them space. Know that due to the evolving nature of this situation, this is a living document and is subject to change at any time.
- Face coverings are required in all common areas of the building and you will not be granted access to the lobby or elevators without one.
- Observe the limit of four (4) passengers per car. Markings will be placed on the floor at opposite corners.
- A queueing procedure will be put in place at the elevators in the main lobby with signage and floor markings. Entry to the main lobby elevator area will be controlled and will be limited to the number of people that can maintain a safe social distance.
- The elevators are not touchless. Be prepared to select your own floor and you may want to wear gloves, carry a tissue or use a piece of fabric to cover your finger when doing so.
- In case of emergency, use either stairwell, walk calmly down and attempt to maintain a safe distance between you and the person in front of you.
Management Office and Engineering
- Phones have been rerouted for the office staff to work remotely.
- The office staff will be social distancing and coming into the office on a regular basis. We are all accessible via phone and email during regular business hours and there is an emergency line for after hours.
- All discussions with management that can take place via phone or video call will be conducted in that manner.
- Our engineers have never stopped working on site and will continue to work in tenants’ suites. When placing work orders, please extend to them the same safety measures and care as you would to your staff and patients.
- Lobby attendants and security will be monitoring an elevated temperature scanner. Those who are flagged will be asked to step aside to a separate area where the situation will further be evaluated.
- The benches in the lobby will be removed.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be located at the main entrance, the cafe and the elevator lobbies.
- The Mayan Room will remain accessible to tenants subject to social distancing procedures.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Janitorial cleaning and disinfecting had been ramped up in February. Cleaning and sanitizing have continued in the interim and will continue to be the focus of Township Building Service’s efforts.
- Our day porters have and will continue to focus on sanitizing high touch areas throughout the day, such as door handles, elevator buttons, directory, countertops, restroom fixtures, toilet handles, and stall door handles.
- Signage promoting CDC guidelines will be posted throughout the building.
- ADA Restrooms have door operators and automatic paper towel dispensers. Please use a piece of paper towel to operate the faucets and soap dispensers.
- Management is installing two sets of washers and dryers to allow tenants to wash their PPE. More information specific to this will follow in a separate email.
- On June 1 the Bush Street entrance will reopen. There is still not valet for visitors and self-park will continue for the foreseeable future. Please make your clients/patients aware of this change.
Building Staff and Vendors
- All building staff and vendors will be required to wear face coverings when entering tenant spaces.
- Staff and vendors are required to wash and/or sanitize hands frequently and not to come to work if showing symptoms of illness.
What You Can Do to Help
- Inform your staff to wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes and maintain social distancing. Masks are required in the elevators and common areas so please inform your staff and clients/patients that this will be enforced without exception.
- Many surfaces in the building cannot be made touchless so if you are uncomfortable with this, prepare in advance to carry something with you to open restroom doors and push elevator buttons. Provide the same for your clients/patients or inform them to bring their own.
- Be patient. While the social distancing procedures must remain in place during the health crisis, there will be delays while using the elevators. Observe this and inform your staff and patients/clients to do the same. We will not have people stationed on every floor to enforce the maximum occupancy in the elevators.
- Adjust staff schedules to stagger their arrivals, departures and lunch times. This will help expedite use of the elevators by all. We will be placing line control tools in the lobby to streamline the process and signs on each floor.
- Consider taking the stairs when possible. Please communicate with people you are passing on the stairs so one person can step aside to wait on the landing while the other is on the narrow treads.
- Limit outside guests and patients/clients in the building. Non-essential staff members should continue to work from home as much as possible until San Francisco County achieves Stage 3 of the Governor’s re-occupancy plan.
- Plan to stock your suites with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Harsch will be stocking the common areas. As you are aware, these products are in short supply. Plan to order and obtain them as soon as possible prior to your company’s re-occupancy.
- If someone is ill within your suite, consider having a special cleaning. Special cleanings can be arranged through building management and billed back on your rent statement or you can arrange them directly through a provider. Contact information for recommended providers can be obtained from building management.
- Please notify me of any positive Covid-19 cases as soon as possible. Please keep the identify of the individual confidential.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this health crisis together!
Sr. Property Manager, Harsch Investment Properties, LLC